Nope, you do not need to take anything before doing this test.
Here are the step-by-step instructions:
1. Before the stool sample is taken, write your name on the collection jar provided.
2. Place clean toilet paper or a paper towel in the toilet on which you collect some stool. Alternatively, you may place newspaper on the floor to collect your sample.
3. While wearing a rubber glove, use the wooden stick to fill one to two scoops of fecal matter in the collection jar. Note: the jar does not need to be filled. Do not use loose stool.
4. Place stool sample in the biohazard bag. Discard gloves and wooden stick.
5. Complete the patient submission form, including payment details.
6. Enclose both samples and request form and send certified mail to:
TMI Trace Minerals International Laboratory
1426 Pearl Street, Suite 201
Boulder, CO 80302